Wednesday, March 25, 2009

iHCPL Potluck #56: 2 TXT or not 2 TXT

I am usually use text messages for emergencies and group messages (via Twitter). My texting is also dependent upon the generation to which I am communicating. I text my niece and nephew, but not my elderly parents (I have to check their phones every so often and delete unwanted text messages because they don't understand what a text message is). I may have to show the video on the basics of text messaging to my parents!

My use of text lingo depends on the length message I'm sending. Lingo 2 Word was interesting but since I know most of the acronyms, not very helpful.

My response to the New York Times article is simply, "DUH!" Of course, you shouldn't text while driving especially if you are driving a train or a bus. You should also refrain from talking on the phone, putting on makeup, writing a check (a woman hit me from behind at a stop light because she was doing that), playing a video game or anything else that can distract you from driving. Why is common sense so uncommon?

No comments: