Thursday, November 29, 2007

Week 10, 23 The End?

I really loved this training and the idea of "virtual" training. I think we should do more "virtual" training. Why?
1. Everyone can participate. Many times, a great training comes along but only a few people from a branch can attend it because we have to have someone to run the library. With e-training, everyone reaps the benefit of training.
2. Money. The county saves money since they don't have to pay mileage.
3. You know people are actually absorbing the information being presented. Since they have to post their experiences, you know they are really trying out the software, websites, etc.

As for the information presented, I was surprised to discover some new sites. I loved
Animoto and Zoho.

As for applications, I already use most to them anyway. I use Flickr for my YA photos and YouTube for our YA Scenes and Screens videos. I will probably demonstrate some of the things like Animoto, Zoho, and Odeo for Teen Tech Week.

Goodbye, and thanks for all the fish.

No comments: