Thursday, November 29, 2007

Week 9, #21 Podcast Exercise

I've been putting this exercise off for a while because I wanted to post a link to our YA podcast, but since I'm having trouble with the conversion program, I thought I would just go ahead, do the post, and add the podcast at a later date.

This summer, I did a podcasting class for our YA summer reading program. We went over the technical and production aspects of putting together a podcast and then did on off the cuff podcast. It turned out to be quite funny with a lively discussion of the then new Harry Potter book and general teenage snarkery.

I loved the Odeo link because the one technical hurdle we had was the fact that you can't download software to our laptops. Instead of using a laptop, I used a digital voice recorder and then uploaded the podcast to my computer at home so I could edit it and add music. For this summer, I want to do it again and this year, will try Odeo.

As for podcasts, I love Emo Girl Talk and subscribed to several Joss Whedonverse podcasts.

As for myself, I will be taking my digital voice recorder with me this January and podcasting "live" from the Houston Marathon. I am doing the Half Marathon (13.1 miles) and will record my experience for posterity.

No comments: