Thursday, September 20, 2007

Ramble: Blogging, It's a Good Thing

One of the things I love about this training is the employee interaction that it has spawned. We are swapping stories, books, videos, photos and knowledge. Everyone who always hears me say, "I am putting this in my blog tonight!" is learning how wonderful it feels to have a blog. I've also become an unofficial blog guru.

I started blogging in January 2004 but I had been lurking for 2 years before that date. As e-mail lists and forums slowed down, I realized that all the communities that I loved to participate in were moving to blogs. I lurked for a long time before I finally took the plunge.

I think this is a wonderful tool for staff communication. It's so hard to find time to get to know one another during our busy day. It's fun to sit down and check out the blogs and learn about my coworkers. It's also fun to play, "Guess the Blog Owner" since most of us are semi-anonymous.

So staff blogging, it's a good thing.

No comments: