Monday, September 24, 2007

TMI Alert: Blogging Sick

It will be two weeks on Thursday that I was diagnosed as being on the verge of insulin resistance. I have 6 months to get my diet and exercise program pulled together and my blood sugar lowered or I will start having to take medicine. My doctor told me that once that starts it's pretty much a downhill slide to diabetes.

I have the exercise down pat. I am training for the Houston marathon in January and I've been pretty good about sticking to my training plan. It's just the food that has gotten to me.

So I started over again. No white bread, no white rice, no potatoes, and the least amount of sugar possible. We cleaned out the cabinets (you would be shocked at the "healthy", "organic" products that aren't made with whole wheat) and started from scratch. I've been pretty good to stick with it and I've even lost 3 pounds in less than 2 weeks.

Then my body starting going through "detox". I am not about to describe it, but let's just say that Eric's going-away Spiderman cake is no longer in my system. Pretty much nothing is in my system right now. Just conjure up the urban legend about John Wayne's death. That's not going to be me by a long shot.

As a result, I missed work today. I'm feeling much better now. I decided to check my e-mail and complete my assignment for today.

No comments: