Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Week 4, #9 Exercise

I have to say I wasn't impressed with any of the feed finders listed in the exercise. I found them slow to load, clunky, and many times inaccurate. Several times, I found myself directed to fake blogs that were actually advertisements for insurance or marital aids. I didn't find any useful feeds.



As an experiment, I ran the same subject headings through Google with the tag "RSS feed" and VIOLA I found everything I was searching for and more. Proof that Google rules the world (and I have stock in it!). Google recently bought FeedBurner which many people use to drive traffic to their blog, podcast, etc. Within the next few months, I think all the other competitors will whither as Google expands its realm into the RSS feed world.

No comments: