Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Week 6, #14 Technorati

I enjoyed looking around Technorati and claimed a few of my 11 blogs. It was pretty easy to navigate and I can see it being useful to search for blogs.

My main problem is that blogs that aren't registered with them don't show up at all. I ran a search for a specific phrase and it came up with one blog pertaining to that phrase. Even when I tried different variations, it still didn't find much. I personally have 5 blogs pertaining to the subject so if it was a wide reaching search, it would have found it. Overall, I can name about 25 blogs with that phrase and none of them showed up in Technorati.

Overall, I think I will stick with Google when it comes to searching for blogs.

If I know a blog is on LiveJournal, I usually use the LiveJournal Seek. It has a pretty comprehensive listing of topics and tags used on LJ. It will even seek out particular words or phrases in a journal.

The popular journals on Technorati were interesting. I subscribed to some cool productivity ones and there were quite a few that I already read.

I was a bit disappointed that one of the sites that I was really interested in (43 Folders) was not accessible in IE.

No comments: