Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Week 8, #18 Social Networking

I've been doing the social networking thing for a long time. I started with LiveJournal which combines blogging with an element of social networking. Unlike Blogger, LJ has a system where people can "Friend" you and read private journal entries much like MySpace and Facebook.

I added MySpace a few years ago when Eric did a MySpace class for my YA kids. I created a page along with the teens.

For my YA group, I created a Yahoo 360 page at 360.yahoo.com/ata4ya. I post information about YA events, photos, and book reviews.

I also belong to several YA groups on social networking sites like ReaderGirlz on MySpace. YALSA and ALA also have MySpace pages.

I've been kicking around the idea of getting a Dogster account.

I loved Rate My Space. It was really interesting to see people's decorating ideas.

No comments: