Monday, October 01, 2007

Week 4, Number 8 Exercise

This was a wonderful exercise! I usually get all my RSS feeds through my Live Journal blog so this was the first time I had used a straight RSS reader.

I loved the search function. I was able to add quite a few new feeds to my list.

It was easy to set up and use, but I still love an integrated, open source system like Live Journal. With Live Journal, you can easily read all your blogs, rss feeds, communities and other things in one place. The format is much easier to read and access.

The only downside to using Live Journal or other Open Source journals for your RSS feeds is that if you go on vacation or don't check your journal for an extended period of time (summer reading!), you can only backtrack for some many pages. I find that if I don't check everything at least weekly, I can't access the feeds or blog posts that I missed.

In the end, I will probably keep my account long after this training is finished because it will make it easier to keep track of feeds when I'm on vacation or too busy to check them.

No comments: